Dr. Lanya L. McKittrick
Ph.D., Special Education
University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado, 2019.
2019 Graduate School Outstanding Dissertation Award |
Dissertation Title: Strategies that Parents of Children who are Deafblind Employ to Foster Collaboration within IEP Teams.
Master of Arts, Organizational Leadership, 2012
Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 1993
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Adjunct professor (January 2018 to Present)
University of Northern Colorado
- EDSE 203 | The Individualized Education Program and the Collaborative Process, Online Course Delivery, Convert Course to Online Format
- EDSE 510 | Foundations of Special Education, Online Course Delivery
- EDSE 201 | Culture of Special Education, Online Course Delivery, Convert Course to Online Format
Substitute Educational assistant/Summer Educational Assistant Teacher (2016 to 2019)
Listen and Talk School, Seattle, WA
Special Education, Deafblindness, Family-Professional Partnerships, IEP’s, Self-determination, Student-led IEP’s, Post-secondary Transition; Inclusion
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Special Education, Deafblindness, Blindness/Visual Impairments, Deaf Education, Family-Professional Partnerships, IEP’s.
Center on Reinventing Public Education | University of Washington, Bothell, WA
- Research Analyst (July 2018 to Present)
- Center Grants Manager (July 2018 to December 2018)
- Director of Operations (2015 to 2016)
Hear See Hope Foundation, Burien, WA
Executive Director/founder/board member (2004 to Present)
University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
Graduate Research Assistant (August 2016 to 2019)
University of Washington, Tacoma, WA
Director of Campus Planning (2012 to 2013)
University of Washington, Bothell, WA
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Budget and Planning/Director of Institutional Research (2009 to 2012)
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
McKittrick, L. (2019). Benefits of student involvement in educational planning. (in preparation)
McKittrick, L. & Correa-Torres, S. (2018). Teaching self-determination to elementary age students with visual impairments. (submitted for publication)
McKittrick, L. & Mueller, T. (2019). Factors that influence parent satisfaction of partnership in educating students who are deaf-blind.
Mueller, T. & McKittrick, L. (2018). Factors that lead to parent satisfaction with the individualized education program meeting. (submitted for publication)
McKittrick, L. (2019). Benefits of family-professional partnerships in educating students who are deaf-blind. (in preparation)
McKittrick, L. & Correa-Torres, S. M. (2018). Teaching self-determination skills to elementary students with sensory loss. Visual and Deafblind Education Quarterly, 63(2), 26-29.
Mueller, T. G., McKittrick, L., Kyzar, K. (2018). Perceptions and Experiences of Parents and Professionals Who Have Attended Colorado’s Parents Encouraging Parents Conference. Prepared for the Colorado Department of Education.
Professional Presentations: Juried
McKittrick, L. & Mueller, T.G. (2018, November) Factors that Influence Parent Satisfaction of Partnership for Students who are Deafblind. TASH Conference, Portland, OR.
McKittrick, L. (2018, April). Teaching Self-determination to Elementary Students with Visual Impairments. Deaf-Blind International Network of Americas Conference, Cape Cod, MA.
Correa-Torres, S. M., Bowen, S., Mueller, T.G., & McKittrick, L. (2018, April). Parent-School Collaboration and Conflict: Experiences of Parents of Children with Deafblindness During the IEP Process. Deafblind International Network of the Americas Conference, Cape Cod, MA.
McKittrick, L., & Correa-Torres, S. M. (2018, February). Teaching Self-Determination to Elementary Students with Sensory Loss. CEC Annual Convention, Tampa, FL.
Francoeur-Anderson, G., McKittrick, L., Brown-Ogilvie, T., & Correa-Torres, S. M. (2017). (December, 2017). Educational Services for Students who are Deafblind: Filling in the Gaps. TASH Conference, Atlanta, GA.
Professional Presentations: Non-Juried
McKittrick, L. (2018, October). Collaboration in the IEP Meeting. Presentation at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Convening for Special Education in Charter Schools, Denver, CO.
Invited Guest Lectures
McKittrick, L. “Parker Podcasts Episode 8: Lane McKittrick.” 2018 May 01. http://podcasts.gseweb.org/. Invited Guest Lecture: Orientation and Mobility Course, Portland State University, Portland, OR.
McKittrick, L. “Hear See Hope – IEP Experiences.” 2018 Apr 06. https://anchor.fm/lanya-neff-mckittrick.
McKittrick, L. & Morris, D. (2018-2019). Transition for Students who are Deafblind. Monthly facilitator. National Center on Deafblindness.
McKittrick, L. (2018, June). Family-Professional Partnerships. Workshop presented at Washington Deaf-Blind Project Parent Retreat.
McKittrick, L. (2018, June). Teaching Self-determination to Elementary Students with Visual Impairments. Workshop presented at Washington Deaf-Blind Project Parent Retreat.
- Member, Council for Exceptional Children (2016 – Present)
- Member, AG Bell Association (2016 – Present)
- Member, National Family Association for Deaf-Blind (2016 – Present)
- Member, TASH (2017 – Present)
- Member, American Educational Research Association (2017-Present)
- Member, Council for Attorneys and Advocates (2018-Present)
- Volunteer, Usher Syndrome Coalition, Boston, MA (2007 – Present), Marketing, Social Media, and Finance Committees.
- Community Action Board Member, Department of Ophthalmology, UW Medicine’s Eye Institute, Seattle, WA (2015 – 2019)
- Parent Engagement Coordinator, Deafblind Advisory Board Member, Washington State Deaf-Blind Project, Renton, WA (2016 – Present)
- Family to Family Engagement Facilitator (Facilitate group of parents regarding transition to adulthood), National Center on Deafblindness (2018 – 2019)
- Treasurer, Council for Exceptional Children’s Division of Visual Impairments and Deafblindness (2017 – 2018)
- Conference Proposal Reviewer, Family-Professional Partnerships Council for Exceptional Children (2017 – 2019)
Request my complete CV at email@example.com.